We have designed this fitting guide to make this as easy as possible for you to measure.
Here are some important things to remember:
- Measure flaccid.
- Check your measurements (at different times and on different days).
- We use millimetres, so please convert!
- If you have a cage that already fits well, use the official measurements of that cage as a reference.
- Comfort is more important than security, bear this in mind when providing measurements.
- The numbers you provide, we will make. So add a few millimetres to your design for comfort, if you wish.
When flaccid, please measure penis length from the tip to your body. Add or subtract from this length at your own discretion, we recommend using this exact length if you are unsure.
Take a circumference reading with a piece of string, marking and measuring the length used, or use a flexible measuring tape. If it is easier, you could take a diameter reading with callipers. Please see our table below for a width/circumference conversion. We will make a cage of this as your internal circumference / width. Add further space at your own discretion.
Take a circumference reading with a piece of string, and then marking and measuring the length used, or by using a flexible measuring tape, please measure behind the balls where the ring will sit. If it is easier, you could take a diameter reading with callipers. The ring size should be large enough that you should be able to fit your index finger to the first knuckle within the ring when measuring for and wearing the ring.
If you have your ring diameter already, use the conversion table below to get circumference.
Please note: our rings are slightly wider (3.5mm) than their height, due to the thickness of the the cage when connected. This means the circumference provided will be converted into a height diameter measuring between the base of the ring and top of inside of cage.
Ball gaps typically range between 8mm to 12mm, but can be larger or smaller. If you are unsure what you want or do not know what you are doing here, put 10mm in when making your order. 10mm will be fine and comfortable for most people. If cage diameter and ring diameter are similar, consider going larger, if cage diameter and ring diameter are very different, consider going smaller. There is no hard and fast rule. The bottom length of the cage will be determined by this ball gap measurement. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Our standard ring thickness will suit most people. They are great to wear because they do not get in the way, and are very light. Some people are more comfortable with the thicker rings. If you are ordering a longer cage, consider a thicker ring. If you are ordering a larger ring size (60mm and over), we strongly recommend a thicker ring. Whilst a thinner ring is possible at this size, a thicker ring will add greater strength to the ring and stability to the overall device at this size.
- If you are ordering a standard size cage pack, a double thickness ring, this will add 4.5mm of length onto your whole device. Please consider this when making an order.
- If you are ordering a customized cage pack with an extra thickness ring, we will readjust the ring placement on the cage for you so that the back of the ring fits flush with the back of the cage. This will NOT add length to your overall device. We will readjust the ring placement on the cage for you so that the back of the ring fits flush with the back of the cage as with a regular thickness ring. If you fit a regular thickness ring to one of these cages following ordering a pack with a double thickness, part of the cage will then extend beyond the back of the ring, but the measurements requested will otherwise remain the same.
- If you are ordering a customized single cage, with no ring, you will get the option to select the locking mechanism placement, to account for the ring thickness. Regular thickness rings have our standard position, whereas extra thickness rings have a forward position to account for the extra ring thickness at the back of the device.
How to use the barrel lock
1. Put the cage and ring together,
2. Using the key in the barrel in the unlocked position, insert the barrel into the device,
3. Twist the lock downwards (it should move smoothly),
4. Remove the key,
5. Pass the key to your key holder.